Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kayaking

Let me just say that Mountain Man is SO patient! He gave a lesson in how to correctly paddle and other important things to all who were interested in going kayaking. Then the brave man took me, Coffee Queen & House Hunter to the Sound to actually go kayaking. (He was going to take another group the next day, but ended up sick) We basically had no experience, so he had to teach us everything. And we weren't very good students. There was a lot of giggling and silly girl behavior. It's a testament only to Mountain Man's excellent teaching skills that all 3 of us managed to successfully kayak out into the sound and back with no problems. That's not to say that it was easy, though. If you don't hold your arms out correctly when paddling, you wear out your arm strength quickly. Let's just say it was twice as hard to get back into shore than it was to get out. I just couldn't hold my arms the right way for more than a few strokes. I kept trying though, so I should at least get an A for effort, right? It was really cool to see the sound from the water. It's only a few feet deep for about 3 miles out, so we could pretty much always see the bottom. All in all, it was a good workout & a great time. I would like to go kayaking again. Thanks Mountain Man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...