Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Presidential Inauguration



Here's all my little sweeties watching the Inauguration of our 44th President. I recorded it, then had them watch it when they got home from school. To be quite honest, they weren't all that interested. Still, they had some good questions and thought that the millions of people there were really cool. I wanted them to watch it & I took pictures so that they can remember that they were witness to the first African-American man taking the Oath of Office. Of course, it's not at all strange to them, because they've never experienced racism. Thankfully, it's no longer a part of our everyday culture, and I hope that they only way they do experience it is through reading a history book.
I was fascinated, not only by that aspect, but by the renewed interest in politics in the nation and in myself. I'm not usually taken by things of a political nature, but found myself yesterday glued to the TV, drinking it all in. I learned so many things about presidential history, and I was amazed at all that is involved with inaugurations. It's fascinating. And the fact that the President and the Chief Justice messed up the oath is great! It's a perfect example of the fact that we're all just human, and capable of error. Next time, I suggest that Chief Justice use his notes, though! LOL I always figure that if the President can do about 25% of what he promised to do, then he did a really good job. There's a lot they have to contend with to get stuff done, you know. If President Obama does 25% of what he promised, he really will have managed to turn this country around. I'm actually very interested in what the next four years holds. I hope you are too. And I hope I can get my kids more interested too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...