Monday, June 23, 2014

My Favorite Breakfast

Today I wanted to share with you my new favorite breakfast,
Greek yogurt with berries!
 
Please pardon the poor quality of my pics, they straight off my phone without editing! :O

So exciting, right? Okay, maybe not so much, but it is delicious & I find myself fixing it nearly every morning these days. I've been following a new eating & exercise plan called the 21 Day Fix. I seriously love it because it has totally changed the way I think about food.
Technically, you're supposed to be able to close the lid, but these are frozen. If they were fresh or defrosted the lid would close! ;)

The program comes with these adorable little containers that you originally think "That's it?", but end up saying, "Wow, that's a lot more than I thought!" LOL 
 
 
See? Way more than you thought, right?
I like mostly raspberries with 3 strawberries for sweetness. Then I sprinkle about 1/4tsp. coconut sugar on top & pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Haven't tried coconut sugar yet? You should! It looks and tastes almost like brown sugar & it doesn't affect your blood sugar levels the way that regular sugar does. That's important for diabetics like me.
 

 
While the berries are heating up, I fill up my little red protein cup with plain, non-fat greek yogurt. I don't want any artificial coloring or flavorings, chemicals, or any added sodium or sugars added to my food, so I always choose the plain, non-fat. I buy the big tub of it at Wal-Mart for around $4.
 
 

 
 
When the berries are finished, stir them up a bit as the juices will have come out & break up the strawberries into bite size pieces. Mix in all the yogurt until it's completely blended. It will be a little soupy, but that just means you could drink it if you needed to take it to go. Feel free to top it with a few of your berries to make it look prettier! Throw it in the fridge to let the flavors marry while you go workout, then treat your sweaty self to a delicious breakfast that will help your muscles repair after your workout & fuel your body for the rest of the day! ENJOY!
 
Jenny aka


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...