Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Unconditional Love

*special THANKS to Elle's Studio for the graphic!*
On Tuesday I let out all of my pent up emotions about not being able to live up to other people's expectations of me & how that prevented me from doing certain things like posting every day & showing true emotions. Today, I want to share what I'm thankful for (and what keeps me from throwing in the towel altogether): Unconditional Love.
That love only comes from one place. My heavenly Savior, God! The rest of us just aren't capable of it, although we should never stop striving for it.
I'm thankful that God loves me just the way I am, flaws and all. I'm also thankful that he loves me too much to leave me that way. There's this nifty little guide book called the Bible that God gave to us to show us how we should live. It also tells us just how much God loves us. Yeah, I said us, because he loves YOU too! Sometimes its hard to imagine that anyone who knows everything we've done (and I do mean everything), could possibly still feel any love for us. But He does, and it's not just a smidgen of love, He's CRAZY about us! Check this out:

Beloved, let us love one another,
for love is of God;
and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
In this the love of God was manifested toward us,
that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world,
that we might live through Him.
In this is love,
not that we loved God,
but the He loved us and sent His Son to the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God loved us so,
we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:7-11
Isn't that awesome? Who of us would ever send our only son to die in order to save all of mankind? I'm guessin' nobody. God did that for you and for me and for everybody in the world. It's His special gift to us. He won't force us to take it, but all the angels will stand up and sing if you do! If you haven't already received God's special gift, please take it. You won't be sorry. You'll never have want to stand in a return line! If you have any questions about it, my customer service line is always open. :)
In the past, I never would have written this post because I would be too afraid of what other people thought, but because God is constantly nudging me to be better I am embracing this verse:

O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me.
Psalm 25:2

Sometimes those enemies are inside of us and trusting God is the only way to triumph over them.

I realize that this post has probably been offensive to some, but I make no apologies for it. I only seek to offer what I believe is the best. thing. EVER.
And just because, I'd like to leave you with this quote that I find fascinating, although I have no idea who said it:

I'd rather live my life as though there were a God and die to find out there wasn't,
 than to live my life as though there weren't a God and die to find out there was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...