Thursday, March 19, 2009

Disneyland...the Saga continues

The sun was already starting to set by the time we made it over to Disneyland proper, so we didn't stop to get the professional pic in front of the Mickey flower display. However, I really wanted one of us in front of it, so Auntie C. took a pic for us. It would have been good to get one of just our kiddos in front of it, because there was this picture of my mom (Nana), Auntie C. & Uncle M in front of the Mickey flowers back in the day. It was in a picture cube that sat on my grandparents TV. It was a good pic.

Now, I'm not really sure why we made this decision, but instead of going to walkway in front of Cinderella's Castle to try to get autographs and pix with the princesses, we went to Buzz Lightyear's ride first. Great ride, kids had a good time...even Boo Boo Bear! Then Lil' Coconut saw this space ship ride that she really wanted to ride. I volunteered to ride so that Daddy didn't have to take Boo Boo out of the carrier. God Bless Daddy for carrying around our babies in that silly carrier. I hate it, and love Daddy all the much more for it. All I can say about that ride is, I've rode it, so next time someone else gets to. So, by the time we made it to the front of Cinderella's Castle, the prinesses had already left. Boo. Boo-hoo. Boo-hoo-hoo! That was slightly traumatic.

By this time, Auntie C. had pretty much reached the end of her walking tolerance. And there were all these little people screaming for food. It is not so easy to find affordable food in a packed amusement park after dark with a party of 7. Eventually we found food, ate, and then sent Auntie C., Mary Moo Cow, and Boo Boo Bear back off to the hotel.

Now for me, there are certain rides that are an absolute necessity on a trip to Disney. We'd already ridden the Tower of Terror, and right around the corner from our dinner dining experience was....Pirates of the Caribbean! Always good, but now they've updated to include scenes and characters from all 3 movies. None of the pictures turned out, but they have these new Jack Sparrow figures that are so life-like, I was sure at least one of them was real! For some reason, this ride scared Lil' C. She was fine on every other ride, so I'm not real sure what the deal was. Then, it was my turn to be very, very disappointed. My most favorite ride, the Haunted Mansion was closed! :( Oh, so very sad! I took a few pictures of the outside, and then got dragged on. Next disappointment came when it was just too darn cold to ride Splash Mountain. The kids tried their darnedest to let them go, but we figured hypothermia would not be a good memory. Sucks to be the adult sometimes.

We rode several other rides...had to skip a few rides because they closed for the fireworks display (although they weren't heartbreaker rides), and moved onto the biggies: The Matterhorn & Space Mountain! The kids loved the Matterhorn, and I think Daddy did too. I LIKED the Matterhorn, but think if I was any older my body would not have been able to tolerate it. We watched most of the fireworks (Daddy REALLY loves fireworks. I only shared a few of the hundreds of pictures he took of them. I'm kidding, there were really only about a hundred.) & rode the Finding Nemo ride (which nearly did me in due to my claustrophobia and motion sickness combined), and finished with Space Mountain. Everybody loved this one. It's a classic. Then it was time to go. :( We closed the place down. Bug & Lil' C were so excited to be able to stay up till midnight. Mommy & Daddy were so excited to ride all the big kid rides with our big kids. Auntie C., Mary Moo Cow & Boo Boo were excited to be sound asleep in their nice warm beds.

Stay tuned for the last installment : The Trip Home! I know you're all hanging on to your seats with deathlike grip waiting for each installment. I know you are. And if you're not...please don't tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...