Thursday, October 7, 2010

4th of July

Luckily, during my blogging strike I was still making digital layouts, so I can remember what we did over 3 months ago! We took the kids down to Corpus Christi because they always have fun stuff for the kids to do. The kids activities this year were good (check out my girlies climbing rocks in dresses!), but the parade was less than mediocre. There was literally like 10 entries. Last year there was closer to 100! I'm not sure what the problem was, but I was very disappointed. It was so super hot & we had been sitting out there waiting after doing all the activities just to watch a 15 minute parade. Frustrating. The kids enjoyed what there was though, so all good, I guess.
 The kids loved the pony rides!
(good thing too, because we waited for over 30 minutes!)
Later, we went over to the USS Lexington, an aircraft carrier turned museum, to watch the fireworks. They launch them from the end of the ship, so you can sit on the beach & watch them right overhead. This was our first year to watch them from this vantage point and it was AWESOME! Other than the noise, the kids loved the fireworks, so it was a great day!


*Coming up next, the kids 4th of July outfits!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...