Monday, August 9, 2010

A New Addition

To my craft room, that is. Look at this little beauty! It's the Singer Future SES2000. It's my birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, birthday & Christmas present all in one. Yes, it was still that expensive even though we got a great deal on it. (My husband loves me!)

This thing does it all. Sewing, serging & embroidery! I'll be honest. I haven't quite figured out yet how it does the serging, but I'll get around to it eventually. It took me two solid days to figure out the embroidery feature, but I did & I can't wait to show you what I made! I just need to take some pictures. Oh yeah, it sews too, so I've been doing a little of that.

I always thought my inability to sew a straight line was related to the fact that I can neither draw nor cut a straight line. Ha! Incredibly enough, I can sew a straight line on this machine. Maybe it's because I don't have to tug and pull my material through when there are multiple layers. And by multiple layers, I mean more than one. Who sews through just one layer of fabric all the time? Oh well, no worries now! If you have any questions about my fancy schmancy new machine, just let me know. I'll do my best to answer!

That sweet DH of mine came home from work last week to find the craft room (which is like a sitting room of sorts to our bedroom) completely torn apart, with only a small pathway to the bathroom and the bedroom. Sometime around lunch I had decided I needed to make room for my new machine & the laptop (because you have to be connected to the computer while doing embroidery), which meant I needed to bring in more work space in the form of two desks. While this is a large room, there are multiple windows and doorways to contend with, as well as keeping the outlets accessible. I had already moved every piece of furniture at least once, if not 2 or 3 times. Nothing was working. Finally we settled on something that at least seemed functional, put everything away, and called it a day.
Now I've had a chance to test that arrangement out. Yeah, um...not so much. I'm open to ideas. If you have a really cool crafting room, or you know where I can go to look, PLEASE tell me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...